Washington Counties Insurance Fund (WCIF) is a public sector non-profit multiple employer health and welfare trust located in Tumwater, WA. We were originally established in 1958 by the Washington State Association of Counties (WSAC) to pool the cost of employee benefits for counties, junior taxing districts, and special purpose districts throughout the state. Today, we’ve grown to serve over 110 participating employer groups with approximately 30,000 enrollees. WCIF has a full-time staff available to serve and assist participating members.
Who Can Become A WCIF Member
Any “local government entity” with 5 or more employees is eligible to join WCIF. Non-profit entities are also eligible to join. These groups must receive ongoing direct funding from the state, city, or a county in Washington. There is no fee to join.
Please note: Basic life insurance is a mandatory benefit in order to have WCIF membership. We offer many coverage amounts ranging from a flat $12,000 benefit to two times annual salary up to $200,000.
All WCIF participating employers will be asked to sign and abide by the WCIF Trust Agreement & Bylaws.
What We Offer!
- 16 Premera Medical Plans (Heritage Plus and Heritage Prime)
- 12 Kaiser Permanente Plans to include 8 Access PPO and 4 Core (HMO) Plans
- Dental Plans ( Delta Dental of WA and Willamette Dental)
- Vision Plans (Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Life and Disability Plans (The Standard)
- EAP (First Choice EAP)
- Voluntary Life and Disability Plans (The Standard)
- CDHP Administration (FSA, HRA, HSA) offered through Vimly Benefit Solutions, Inc.
- New for 2019, Worksite Plans, Hospital Indemnity, Accident, and Critical Illness (MetLife)
WCIF medical plans include two bundled benefits; an Employee Assistance Program and a Base Long Term Disability Plan. The cost of these two bundled benefits are included in the medical rates provided.
WCIF plans renew on a calendar year basis (January 1 through December 31). The WCIF annual renewal is presented to participating members in the fall for an effective date of January 1 of the following year.